Recent Posts

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nature's Surprises

Summertime's general rule: Sun = Beach.

EXCEPT in NY, Beach does not always = Sun.  It's like that rule we learned in 3rd grade: a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square (never made sense to me either, don't worry).  One weekend, my consortium of jewelry design friends decided to take our weekly meeting to the beach.  This meant I can work on my tan and expense my bag full of sunblock, magazines, and new itune purchases, right?  

Wrong!  As Janet & I approached Long Island on the train, with Mara Metals waiting to pick us up, nature laughed at us: "muhahaha silly humans.  Just because it was 90 degrees all week doesn't mean it's going to be sunny for you today.  I'm more powerful than weather.com's hour by hour. So there."

I'm happy I went regardless, because nature sent us a surprise...
Mind over matter


Thanks, nature, for the most beautiful sunset I've seen since moving to New York, and thanks for letting me experience it with some of my close friends.  (While we're at it, thanks for the avocado and coconut - looks horribly ugly on the outside but surprisingly awesome on the inside)

For more photos of our trip, check out Janet Mazorie's blog and her beautiful jewelry!

1 comments:

Janet Mazorie said...

The sunset was beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics