Recent Posts

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cooking with Tools

I eat the KIND nut bars at least once/day... addicted.  It's becoming a more expensive habit than coffee.  One day I figured it out: $1.60+8.7% Tax x 7 days/week x 4 weeks ~ $50/month.  Gasp!  I could have eaten steak!

I started googling around and found gluten free almond power bar recipe by Elena's Pantry and thought I'd try it out.  








Here are the ingredients I used:


(I omitted chocolate, and added dates and a raw hide mallet)

Yes, you read that right, I'm using a raw hide mallet.  I don't own a food processor, and spending $100+ just to make a bunch of nut bars defeats the purpose of saving $50/week to eat steak.  Now I can go from forging metal to making nut bars - sweet!

Nuts are all crushed.  Mix all of the other ingredients (as directed) and vuala!  Nut bars!

These ingredients cost under $20.  Except it was so good I ate all of it in 2 days.

Disclaimer:  No animals or people were harmed during my hammering cooking process (not this time at least).  Don't worry, my cholesterol is fine.  I do not eat steak weekly - I said that just to throw in some drama. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum!

Janet Mazorie said...

Haha, we should make a list of alternative uses for the raw hide mallet...I have used mine for far worse!
The bars look yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics